Current events have forced many workouts and training sessions to go virtual. With gyms and health clubs in some locations still closed, virtual exercise trainers and fitness instructors have gotten creative with virtual classes and other innovative ways using technology to keep their clients engaged, healthy, and active. Even the best athletic trainers have had to find unique ways to use virtual training with their clients to help them maintain a level of fitness. Here are some ways to stay engaged using virtual fitness training:
1. Seek out your fitness resources. Many gyms and recreational centers have posted some of their best free online personal trainer programs so members can stay fit remotely. Daily fitness challenges and online weekly fitness check-ins can help with accountability while keeping members engaged with others working toward similar fitness goals.
2. Incorporate equipment you have at home. Adding fitness equipment or make-shift fitness equipment can help add an element of fun to your current fitness routine. Equipment doesn’t have to take up a lot of space to be effective. A big exercise ball or cardio ball can be easily stored in a closet or garage and can be used in a variety of ways to build stability, flexibility, and functional fitness.
3. Join online fitness groups. Online fitness groups can lessen the autonomous feeling by allowing the virtual members to engage freely while safely social distancing. It is also a great resource for meeting trainers, learning about new fitness exercises, and tips for staying on track for fitness goals success.
4. Let your friends and family know about your fitness goals and check in with them each week for updates and motivational support. Accountability can be difficult when you have to work out solo. Knowing that you will be reporting progress to friends and family can help motivate you to stay focused on those fitness goals. Being able to receive motivational support from friends and family can help build mental strength and confidence. Keep going! Don’t stop! Perseverance rocks!
5. Use virtual fitness training as an opportunity to try something new. Getting to try a new class at home is a lot less intimidating than being the newbie in a highly choreographed dance fitness class. The virtual environment allows individuals to experiment with new fitness experiences. You never know what you might enjoy if you never try. Martial arts fitness certification, dance fitness certification, mat Pilates certification, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) certification classes are all options that you can participate in online. If you have a significant other, try group activities virtually like couples yoga and strengthen your mind and relationship from the comfort of your home.
Ready to pursue a career in fitness? Click below to check out all the fitness certifications ASFA offers!