5 Ways to Make Yourself A Better Personal Trainer
Physical trainer careers can be a lot of fun and an exciting experience as you help people adopt better lifestyle choices and guide them through their health journey. There are some things you can do as an exercise trainer to be an even better personal trainer.
1. Stay up-to-date on your personal training courses.Your personal trainer certification courses can help keep you up-to-date on current fitness trends in the industry. It can also help you to be better-rounded in the fitness community and more fluid between exercise programs and styles.
2. Consider yourself an educator of fitness and wellness, not just a trainer. Your clients receive guidance from you at the gym, but a healthier lifestyle happens outside the gym, too. Stay in contact with your clients. Forward them fitness tips and inspiring messages to check in and keep them motivated during their fitness journey. The extra encouragement you give can mean so much to those who struggle to meet their goals.
3. Practice what you preach. Be a leader and a good example for the community. A personal fitness trainer job is not just a job, but a way of life. Be a positive presence during health and wellness events. Be active in your community. Start walking clubs or biking clubs to get people outdoors and active. Start a challenge at a gym to encourage people to work out.
4. Offer personal training package deals. A tempting deal can bring in new clients. New clients who enjoy working with you will bring referrals and send more business your way. Offering a package deal on personal training can lead to an increased trainer salary in the long-term.
5. Be flexible with your time. Planning training sessions can sometimes be difficult when clients are trying to schedule around work, parenting, and other life commitments. Being flexible with your time allows clients to be able to schedule when it is most convenient for them. If you only make yourself available during late mornings during two days a week, there is a possibility that you may not fill those slots consistently. Being flexible with your time allows you the greatest opportunity for career growth.
These are just a few ways that you can make yourself a better personal trainer. There are many others that can be tailored specifically for you for the region and client demographic that you serve. Map out a personal trainer marketing plan and watch your career soar!