Advanced Sports Nutrition (2nd Edition)
Athletes and coaches are continually seeking ways to maximize efforts in both training and performance. Advanced Sports Nutrition provides the best research- and results-based information and advice that athletes need to gain an edge physically.
Far beyond the typical food pyramid formula, this comprehensive guide presents cutting-edge nutritional concepts tailored for application by athletes in any sport. World-renowned sports nutritionist Dr. Dan Benardot breaks down the chemistry of improved performance into winning principles that ensure an athlete’s key energy systems are properly stocked at all times:
- Time your meals, snacks, fluids, training, and performances to maintain that crucial energy balance throughout each day.
- Digest optimal ratios and quantities of energy nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for any sport.
- Consume the right amount of fluid and electrolytes to avoid dehydration and hyperhydration.
- Identify and maintain a body composition capable of maximal power output with minimal excess weight for specific sports.
- Understand the effects of travel, high altitude, and age on nutritional needs and performance.
The best conditioning regimens and technical instruction are beneficial only if the body’s engine is properly fueled and ready to operate at peak efficiency. Use Advanced Sports Nutrition to ensure that your body is running on the highest-grade fuel every time you compete or train.
MAINTAIN A SOLID STRENGTH-TO-WEIGHT RATIO
The strength-to-weight ratio is critically important in virtually all athletic endeavors, so athletes are rightly interested in ways to improve or sustain muscle mass. Read More »