Fat Facts: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!
The Good Fat Facts:
1. Essential fatty acids are required to keep healthy skin, brain function and a strong immune system.
2. Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble.
3. Unsaturated fats are readily available for a large variety of foods.
The Bad Fat Facts:
1. Consuming saturated fats and trans fats is directly linked to heart disease.
2. Saturated and trans fats raise bad cholesterol.
3. Saturated and trans fats contribute to clogging of arteries.
1. Your body cannot produce essential fatty acids on its own. They must be consumed.
2. All fats contain 9 calories per grams. So, keep track of the amount eaten.
3. Many foods contain saturated and unsaturated fats. Read the label!