Registered dietician programs can help personal trainers and individuals who want to learn more about nutrition make better dietary choices for improved health. Not all “healthy” foods are truly beneficial to your health. Many individuals are taking a more holistic perspective when it comes to health and seeking alternative healthier choices for energy such as natural replacement for energy drinks. Taking a more natural approach to personal health and fitness can help reduce calories ways faster than genetically modified sports supplements. Try some of these natural energizers to improve energy, focus, and overall health:
- Pairing fruit with protein. Fruit has natural fructose, not sugar, that helps provide energy without spiking your blood sugar. Protein helps you feel full longer. Having apple slices with peanut butter or a cheese stick with a handful of nuts will hold you over much better than a bag of chips or sugary sweets in the middle of the afternoon.
- Fruits or veggies with high water content. Fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration. Most individuals do not drink enough water each day. Supplementing foods that are high in water content can help bridge that gap to help you stay hydrated and to prevent fatigue. Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and orange colored fruits such as tangerines, nectarines, oranges, and clementine varieties all contain high water content to keep you hydrated. If you feel like you need to add something to that to make it denser, you can pair the veggies with hummus and add Greek yogurt to the fruits.
- Pomegranate seeds. Pomegranates have high levels of antioxidants that help fight off inflammation and give your immune system a boost. Having a strong immune system ensures that illnesses are kept to a minimum and helps your body fight off the side effects of emotional and environmental stress.
- Yoga and breathing exercises. Stress can have a significant negative effect on your energy levels. Being able to naturally deal with stress using exercises and breathing techniques can help decrease your stress and increase your energy. Yoga and breathing exercises also help with mindfulness, motivation, focus, and overall wellness.
- Chia seeds. Chia seeds are high in omega fatty acids that help with focus, concentration, and have been linked to healthier blood flow with decreased internal inflammation. Chia seeds are popular with online nutrition counseling and mix well in a variety of healthy foods such as oatmeal, smoothies, soups, and salads. Small changes in dietary habits can have a huge impact on your personal health and fitness.