Teaching Yoga for Life
Through Teaching Yoga for Life: Preparing Children and Teens for Healthy, Balanced Living, you can
- help kids become more confident and self-directed,
- use a holistic approach to enrich students’ lives, and
- guide kids to manage stress more effectively.
Through Teaching Yoga for Life: Preparing Children and Teens for Healthy, Balanced Living, you can employ a simple, safe, and pragmatic method for yoga instruction even if you’ve never taught it before. The clear, step-by-step directions and ample illustrations make it easy for you to present each of the activities, lessons, and 52 poses included in the book.
These lessons are based on a holistic approach that focuses on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of yoga. The book introduces basic yoga philosophy in simplified take-home messages that help students live better lives. It also explains how yoga can enrich students’ health and why it should be a vital part of their lives. Yoga students commonly
- improve their self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- enhance their abilities to focus and concentrate;
- develop greater cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility; and
- learn how to handle stress (particularly helpful for kids with learning, behavioral, or social and economic challenges).
Teaching yoga can help you create a safe and relaxed atmosphere for students. You can use a multiple-intelligence approach to engage all of your students, particularly those who don’t enjoy traditional sport-based activities. Yoga requires little or no equipment and can be adapted to anyone’s needs. It helps people slow down and discover, or rediscover, who they are. Best of all, anyone can do it. With the expert guidance and practical approach of this text, yoga can revitalize your classroom and your students.