Relevant information on topics such as cardiovascular exercise, strength training, stretching, nutrition, weight management, stress management, substance abuse and addiction, and sexual health will start students on the path to developing a healthy mind and body, which can lead to a better quality of life. Additionally, becauseFitness and Wellness: A Way of Lifeemphasizes behavior modification to develop desired habits, students are armed with the tools they need to make healthy lifestyle changes—for both the present and future:
• A web study guide offers 48 video clips and practical learning activities to provide real-life context to the material
• Behavior Check sidebars help students integrate health and wellness concepts into their daily lives
• Now and Later sidebars encourage students to consider how their actions today will affect them in the future
• The Functional Movement Training section shows exercises to strengthen specific muscles and explains their importance for common activities
• Infographics, evidence-based tables, and figures illustrate and reinforce key concepts so they are easy to understand
The companion web study guide offers students the unique opportunity to engage directly with the content and practice the exercises and strategies presented. Lab activities for each chapter will guide students in completing individual assessments, setting goals, and identifying the pros and cons of modifying their behavior. Video clips of 48 exercises demonstrate proper exercise technique, and additional learning activities and quizzes gauge student comprehension of the content.
You May Also Like
Don't Miss Out
Sign up to join our newsletter to receive the latest news including exclusive discounts.