Online health coach and personal training makes it easier than ever to get in a good workout from the comfort of your own home. Women and men’s yoga workout programs can be done as part of your home-based fitness plan to help improve overall health and flexibility. Yoga can even help engage mind exercises for better focus and stress control. Here are some yoga exercises that you can do at home:
1. Upward Facing Dog. Upward facing dog yoga pose helps to lengthen and strengthen the core muscles and can help improve flexibility.
2. Downward Facing Dog. Downward facing dog helps to give a gentle stretch to the hamstring muscles and allows for focus on alignment and breathing.
3. Pigeon Pose. Pigeon pose is a great stretch for the hip flexors and can help runners and other endurance athletes gain flexibility and speed up recovery times.
4. Plank Pose. Planks performed in any variation help to strengthen the core muscles and improve muscle tone. Planks are effective because they use various muscle groups simultaneously as they work hard to stabilize the body. Planks are awesome for increasing functional fitness as well.
5. Forward Bend. The forward bend pose gives a soothing stretch to the hamstrings. When you are seated and lean forward to bend, make sure you are not straining to go farther than you are naturally able to. Flexibility improves with time and you will be able to see noticeable improvements in the degree of the strength within weeks of doing this yoga post consistently.
There are many different types of yoga poses and yoga styles to choose from. Do not feel discouraged if you don’t have a positive experience the first time. It is common for newbies to feel awkward or challenged when trying yoga for the first time. Doing yoga at home allows you to explore different types and styles of yoga without fear of judgement or embarrassment.
If you have an injury or need assistance with some of the poses, consider doing a yoga class remotely from home so that you will have an instructor to provide a demonstration and recommendations for accommodations if needed. Yoga instructors have mat certification as well as knowledge and resources for proper form and training. Don’t be shy about asking for help, instructors love to help individuals be successful in their fitness classes.
Discover more about becoming a certified Yoga instructor by clicking the link below.