Making fitness resolutions for the New Year is a great way to make plans and set goals for a healthier and fitter year. Keeping your fitness resolutions through the year can be trickier as life becomes busy and you are forced to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. Below are some tips to help you keep your fitness goals throughout the year:
- Contact a certified personal trainer. A personal trainer can help you map out realistic goals and exercises plans that are specific to your current fitness level and personal needs. Nobody fits into a “one-size-fits-all” training plan. Trying to use a generic fitness plan may lead to burn-out quickly or injury. Having a trainer can help make sure you stay on track and can help you reach your goals in a timely manner.
- Look into a quality online training personal training. Online training is great for individuals who are motivated to workout independently, yet need a little direction. Online training is easy to fit into a busy schedule and provide the greatest flexibility in time management allowing you to get your workout in whenever it is convenient for you to do so.
- Find an activity or sport you enjoy and schedule workouts to benefit your sport. For example if you like to play golf, do golf conditioning exercises. Sport specific fitness programs can help you strengthen functional fitness for your individual activity. It can also help strengthen your performance and your level of competitiveness giving you an advantage over competition.
- Share your fitness goals with your friends and connect with other people that have similar goals. Friends are a great way to keep you accountable for workouts and training. Connecting with other people and groups that share your same passion and goals can help keep you on track by sharing the celebration of completing small accomplishments. Schools for personal trainers are big about connections and creating that fitness community. Create new connections and your own fit community to keep each other focused on your goals and to help each other stay motivated when life gets busy.
- Try something new! Many health clubs will offer programs such as free online martial arts training or free yoga classes to try to entice new memberships and new fitness commitments. Take advantage of these opportunities to try something new. You never know how it will inspire you until you try it. You may like it so much that it could become your full time personal fitness program! Trying new classes also helps to prevent overuse injuries and boredom.
Keeping your New Year’s resolutions doesn’t have to be boring or stressful throughout the year. Make small changes that you are comfortable with so that it becomes part of your routine and lifestyle. Small changes provide opportunity for big results in the end. Stick with it and connect with others that share similar goals. You will feel better about yourself and proud of your accomplishments.
Want to learn more about becoming a certified fitness professional? Just click the link below!