Here is a list of some basic balance accessories that can be incorporated by fitness professionals into every Balance and Stability class.
1. Stability Ball. The title says it all--they are great for developing stability and core strength.
2. Half-Ball. These balls are a little more advanced and require more monitoring.
3. Chair. A simple chair can be used for many exercises and in many ways for improving balance.
4. Slide Board. Balance accessories aren't all about training for stability. They can be about training athletes for lateral movement, such as the slide board.
5. Aerobic Steps. Steps can be used to develop leg strength and unilateral stability. They are great for learning balance with asymmetric movement.
Hopefully, we've given you some ideas about what to use in your next balance and stability training class. For more information about how to become a Balance and Stability Fitness Instructor, just click the link below.
For a list of all of our certifications, just click: Fitness Certifications
To see our Personal Training Certification, just click: Personal Training Certification